When was a font installed onto the hard disc please?

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

When was a font installed onto the hard disc please?

Post by William »

Is it possible, on a PC running Windows xp professional, to find out when a font was installed onto the computer please?

In relation to one particular font that I am studying at the moment, thus far I can only find that the file was created at 2 April 2008, 13:23:43, that it was modified at 2 April 2008, 13:23:43 and that it was last accessed at 22 September 2010, 08:01:36 but I want to try to find out when it was actually added onto the hard disc of the computer: is that possible please?

A related question is whether, and if so how, one can keep track of what fonts are installed by a .exe that is installing a software package onto a computer?

William Overington

22 September 2010
Erwin Denissen

Re: When was a font installed onto the hard disc please?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Such tracking is not available in Windows. Also MainType does not have such feature, so it is hard to tell which software installed a particular font.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: When was a font installed onto the hard disc please?

Post by William »

Thank you for your reply.

The problem that arose was that I seemed to have obtained a copy of a rather nice font named ColdSpaghetti BTN.

I have later worked out that it possibly, even probably, though not certainly, arrived bundled with the free software mentioned in the following post.

viewtopic.php?p=13587#p13587

I first became aware of the existence of the font when I some time later downloaded and tried some free Music Website Templates from the http://www.serif.com/ webspace. One needs to click on Free Downloads and then choose "Download FREE content packs" and then select the Music Website Templates. The ColdSpaghetti BTN font is used on the Master A page.

I use various of the Serif packages, mostly PagePlus, and I am an enthusiast for the ImpactPlus program, so I tried the ColdSpaghetti BTN font with ImpactPlus and, in my opinion, the two items go very well together.
The ColdSpaghetti BTN font used in conjunction with the ImpactPlus program
The ColdSpaghetti BTN font used in conjunction with the ImpactPlus program
spaghetti.png (26.02 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
William Overington

4 October 2010