How to type the symbols that are not on the keyboard

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
nouvang1

How to type the symbols that are not on the keyboard

Post by nouvang1 »

I am new computer user, I don't know how to type out the symbols : sterling,currency, yen, section, dieresis,copyright register and more. These symbols are not on the keyboard. How can I type them out? Can anybody help me?

Sincerely Yours

Nou Vang
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to type the symbols that are not on the keyboard

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Google is your friend for such questions — you can quickly find a wide range of solutions by searching, e.g.

Wiki How

Using Google search is easy. Just type How do I type characters not on hte keyboard? in the Google search field.

The optimal solution depends on the software you're using, which special characters you need to type, and how often.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
vanisaac

Re: How to type the symbols that are not on the keyboard

Post by vanisaac »

Modern Windows users actually have a kind of neat option of a Unicode Input Method Editor that is already installed on your computer. You just have to enable it in your language taskbar and go. More detail at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive ... 19117.aspx