Best image for import - FontCreator 9.0

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Lonman59

Best image for import - FontCreator 9.0

Post by Lonman59 »

Here is a small screen shot of what I have to work with. Can convert to suggestion. thanks for the time.

image_info.jpg
image_info.jpg (102.06 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Best image for import - FontCreator 9.0

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have no idea what you're trying to do, or what you're asking.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Lonman59

Post by Lonman59 »

blackletter fonts from the 1611 King James images.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If all you want is a Black Letter font there are plenty of free fonts to choose from like my Cankama Font attached. Recreating a font from an image of the King James I bible would be a labour of love, but it is not one that needs doing again.
Attachments
Cankama Typeface.pdf
(114.6 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Cankama.7z
(466.82 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Lonman59

Post by Lonman59 »

Have already made one set of fonts for the worke. from a low quality source and have typed out the first eight chapters from the first booke of Moses.

from the tutorials I have read from, png is the best at 600 dpi. I thinke this would be better in grayscale but am not sure. I do not have a cleare understanding of the language used yet, and was only looking to make what I am doing as best as possible.

the font in your attachment I would not attempt to use in this effort.

As you can see from the image, there is a neede for another set of three fonts.

thanke you for your time.

Lonman59

Post by Lonman59 »

thankes for the fine tutors. changed the images gray *.png at 600 dpi. Not sure the best size still. will need to fetch all the letters again and size them all to the same aspect ratio of the largest letter by importing into OpenOffice Draw and export an image of all at once. Alse attached is an *pdf of the first eight chapiters from the first booke of Moses.
first_eight.pdf
(70.28 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
I did the Q in the key board image at the bottome from the first runne of the King James found here:

http://digital.library.villanova.edu/Item/vudl:60611

This is only one of the three font sets needed to do the copy of scriptures with.
againe, thanks for your time.
Attachments
key. board.jpg
key. board.jpg (142.71 KiB) Viewed 9543 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The tutorial on Scanning An Entire Alphabet may be helpful to you.

It's a convenient way to import letters one by one from a high resolution image. PDF-XChange can be used to export each page of a PDF to a high resolution image.

The font in your First Eight PDF file looks like it has been produced from a distressed original font such as one would expect from a manual printing press on vellum, but the curves have been smoothed too much. This destroys the weathered effect at larger sizes, though it's OK at normal print sizes.