Access to the 'Cap Height' & 'x-Height' options

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
SteveK

Access to the 'Cap Height' & 'x-Height' options

Post by SteveK »

Hi,

I also need access to the additional metrics, how do I get these options to appear?

Thanks,
Steve
Erwin Denissen

Re: Access to the 'Cap Height' & 'x-Height' options

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Due to a bug those settings are not accessible right now, but we have an upcoming release which allows you to change these settings. I have just send you an email with the download link.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
DYSEQTA

Post by DYSEQTA »

Did this "bug" ever get fixed? It's almost March 2015 and I can't find any way anywhere to change these two metrics.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have a fix. It is available for all paying customers. Just send me a pm.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
DYSEQTA

Post by DYSEQTA »

I have sent a PM but I must say this is very poor customer service. If you have a fix for all paying customers then why is there no update available when I "Check For Updates" in FC8? Why do I have to come onto a forum and hunt around and ask questions to get a bug fix for my software?

Just bizarre...
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I have sent a PM but I must say this is very poor customer service. If you have a fix for all paying customers then why is there no update available when I "Check For Updates" in FC8? Why do I have to come onto a forum and hunt around and ask questions to get a bug fix for my software?
Not knowing their reasons for not simply pushing such changes out to customers--because it's never been communicated as far as I can tell--I tend to agree. A PM did obtain the update fairly promptly but it seem like it should be unnecessary.

My only thought is HL is saving such changes for the new version. Which also doesn't make a lot of sense if one can just PM and ask for it.

Same goes for direct questions about issues or features. The support page strongly encourages posts here in the forum versus support tickets. There are two questions in the MT section that ought to be answered (one is mine).

Mike
DYSEQTA

Post by DYSEQTA »

Problem is now solved for me.

If anyone else reads this thread with the same problem then send Erwin a PM requesting the latest build.

Hopefully it won't be too long before they sort out their internal problems and updates start being provided automatically again.