How to Tile.

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ShawnDion

How to Tile.

Post by ShawnDion »

I have a square font I want to tile exactly like in DOS ASCII characters used to do (I'm sure It's just my brain being tired as this has been the week of up's and down's and I promise you incredible ways with your fonts if I can figure this out)

█ <--- This

█████
█ █
█████

Without any top bottom left right spaces I need this flush but for the like of me due to stress my darn brain can't remember how.

P.S: The color guide is almost finished soon I'll be ready for posting it with some incredible photo to font samples.

Shawn W. Dion
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to Tile.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

• Set left and right side-bearings to zero
  • Design your glyphs to fill the distance between WinAscent and WinDescent. Font Properties, Metrics, Maximum, Calculate, will move the WinAscent/Descent lines to the highest/lowest glyphs.
  • Set line-spacing to 100% in your word-processor
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ShawnDion

Post by ShawnDion »

@Bhikkhu Pesala

THANK YOU! I knew I had forgotten something I'll have a special colored font ready for next week I finally found a real purpose for theses and I'm sure your going to love it (Keeping it as a surprise).

Shawn W. Dion
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Perhaps you missed this thread.

That seems like a practical use for coloured fonts, though still only useful for Firefox users at the moment.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486