Font Creator Standard: WGL4 Script

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
outofstepfontco

Font Creator Standard: WGL4 Script

Post by outofstepfontco »

Hello
I am considering purchasing Font Creator Standard prior to the sale ending on February 26th.

I understand there is a script to map standard characters to the Windows Glyph List 4.0, as follows:
Font Creator comes with several scripts to add these characters like the WGL4.0 Character Set. This script inserts the complete WGL4 character set, or Windows Glyph List 4 as defined by Microsoft to cover European Code Pages1250 (Eastern Europe), 1251 (Cyrillic), 1252 (ANSI), 1253 (Greek) and 1254 (Turkish). Then just use the complete composites script.
Are these scripts in Font Creator Standard Edition? Or do I have to purchase Professional Edition?

Thanks in advance!
FC15.0 Professional
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Creator Standard: WGL4 Script

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

They are available in the Standard Edition, but not in the Home Edition.
Glyph Transform Scripts.png
Glyph Transform Scripts.png (59.61 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
The scripts for inserting various character sets are part of the Glyph Transform feature, and not part of the Insert Character feature, which is also available in the Home Edition. It's also possible to insert entire character sets at once by pasting a list of codes from a text file into the Insert Character dialogue.

After inserting the character set, the Complete Composites feature (also not available in the Home Edition) can be used to create composite characters from base glyphs and accents.

Comparison of Features
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
outofstepfontco

Post by outofstepfontco »

Hi Bhikkhu!
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Just to confirm: Do these scripts just create 650 blank glyphs?

Or do these scripts copy the characters from the standard 52 uppercase and lowercase glyphs, and paste them into the associated characters from ISO 8859-1 to ISO 8859-15?

Thanks!
FC15.0 Professional
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

outofstepfontco wrote:Just to confirm: Do these scripts just create 650 blank glyphs?
No, they also add the correct mappings for those new glyphs so that Complete Composites can be used to complete the glyphs.

The script could be enhanced as shown.
Insert Characters and Complete Composites.png
Insert Characters and Complete Composites.png (54.34 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486