How to scale glyphs from one font into another

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
timza

How to scale glyphs from one font into another

Post by timza »

I am creating a font under the SIL Open Font License and would like to copy over some single and double line draw characters from another SIL font into my font. But the dimensions for them are not the same. Is there a way to select a bunch of glyphs and "change" their dimensions to match the other glyphs in my font? Please note these are line draw characters where the extents of the glyph are important for the line drawing to happen. And there is the width and height.

I looked at the glyphs for fonts on Font Squirrel that were SIL, and thought, this is sweet, I can use these glyphs in my font, but NO, they were the wrong size. So then I thought, I bet there is a function or a script that can do this. Or maybe a few steps to follow. Maybe it is do this to change and scale the width, and to that to change and scale the height.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Tim.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to scale glyphs from one font into another

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can scale the selected glyphs precisely and easily with the Glyph Transformer, or with the Transform Toolbar one at a time.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
timza

Re: How to scale glyphs from one font into another

Post by timza »

Thank you.