Lock one glyph when using Align toolbar

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
outofstepfontco

Lock one glyph when using Align toolbar

Post by outofstepfontco »

Hi everyone
I'm trying to align my accents to the center of my lowercase characters, but the lowercase characters keep moving away from the 0 point. This is problematic on a letter like 'i' because the the accent is wider than the character: running a bearing script on all the characters won't put the characters back at 0.

Is there any way to lock a character so that it isn't affected by the Align toolbar?
FC12.0 Professional
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Lock one glyph when using Align toolbar

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Complete Composites will do all of the hard work for you, but if you're using the Home Edition that's not an option.

With composite glyphs, you can double-click the base glyph to see it's x-offset after aligning the glyph members to centre, then manually adjust both members by the same amount.
Composite Glyph properties.png
Composite Glyph properties.png (40.7 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
In this case, after closing the composite glyph properties dialogue, I would select both glyph members, the press the left cursor key seven time, then hold Ctrl and press the right cursor key once.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
outofstepfontco

Post by outofstepfontco »

The only way I've figured out how to do that is if I use Make Simple to enable the Transform panel.

Is there another workflow that doesn't break the Composites link?
FC12.0 Professional
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Maybe you accidentally set the "Use this glyph's metrics" on the mark glyph instead of the base glyph?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology