Auto Complete Features

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
TravISU

Auto Complete Features

Post by TravISU »

Apologize if this ends up being a bug, I just don't know if I'm using this program incorrectly or not.

Using on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I have icons that were created in illustrator and saved as .ai files and wanting to add these icons to my custom font.

Have inserted blank glyphs, imported the ai files, resized accordingly, however when I go to glyph properties, clicking on the auto complete name or codepoint buttons simply end up in nothing happening and no values being generated.

Did I miss a step somewhere or is this a bug?

Thanks for your help.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Auto Complete Features

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No, it's not a bug.

If the blank glyph has neither a name nor a codepoint there's nothing for Autocomplete to work from.

If you enter the correct Unicode codepoint that you wish to assign this icon too, e.g. 127749 (decimal) or $1F305 (hex) the Autocomplete glyphname base on codepoint feature will fill in the correct name of “sunrise.”

If you enter the correct Unicode glyphame that you wish to assign this icon too, e.g. “sunrise” the Autocomplete codepoint based on glyphname feature will fill in the correct codepoint of 127749 (decimal) or $1F305 (hex).

If you don't know the unicode glyphname nor the codepoint, click the Select Unicode character icon to open the “Select Character” dialogue. In the top half, select the appropriate Unicode Block for your symbols, e.g. (in this example) “Miscellaneous Symbols and Pictographs,” then scroll down the list of Characters to find 127749 (decimal) glyphname “sunrise,” and OK to add the values to the glyph properties dialogue. Finally, click on Apply to apply it to the glyph before moving on to the next blank glyph.
Select Character.png
Select Character.png (57.61 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
If you're inserting a whole lot of icons, use the Insert Characters feature to add glyphs with the glyphnames and codepoints already filled in, then drag the ai files into the glyphs to create the glyph contours.

To learn more about Unicode Blocks, glyphnames, and codepoints, download some code charts from the Unicode website.
Insert Characters.png
Insert Characters.png (88.64 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486