Font creator does not save font individual X-position

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Jay

Font creator does not save font individual X-position

Post by Jay »

Very frustrating...

- I open a file
- Go through all the elements in my font set and set the X-position of each element to a fixed value (to center the elements)
- Once I save the fonts, the painstaking work of X-positioning each element is lost
- When I try to undo, it shows -"Undo Update Modified DateTime field"

Jay
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font creator does not save font individual X-position

Post by Erwin Denissen »

In case you are using the most recent version, do send us the font along with some instructions to reproduce the issue.

Otherwise you should consider to upgrade.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thank you for your reply.

I am using 6.5 Home edition. I closed the application and restarted and it is saving changes this far. If problem happens again, I will post more information
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I really think you should upgrade to the latest version, as besides all enhancements and new features, it also comes with numerous bug fixes. Some of these bugs can lead to incorrect fonts, which can indeed be very annoying.

People who upgrade in May will also get a free upgrade to FontCreator version 9 (which will be released within a couple of weeks), so what are you waiting for :D
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 6.5 is not that old yet — it is not even four years yet since it was released, and the next version 7 was only released in June 2013. Anyone using the Home Edition may be using it only occasionally, so $50 for an upgrade may not be justifiable for everyone.

However, if you do decide to upgrade, many improvements have been made in the last three versions, and many more again will follow in version 9. Take a look at my review page for the key changes to date.

Pros: Improved interface, group-based kerning, automatic hinting, colour font support, OpenType feature support, Web Open Font Format export, CFF outlines export, project files save settings for each font project.

Cons: It will take some effort to get up to speed with the newer versions.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486