Inexplicable Behavior: Font Test Shows Different Font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Leon Gauthier

Re: Inexplicable Behavior: Font Test Shows Different Font

Post by Leon Gauthier »

Primarily, I bought the package because of the license terms which included permission to modify and for unlimited epub distrubution. The epubs I've have been making often require Sanskrit transliteration characters and a little Greek, Bengali or Sanskrit which forces me to embed fonts. I create free epubs so I really cannot justify expensive, limited fonts or expensive publication software. Sadly, I don't think these fonts will really fit the bill for me because they are short in so many areas.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I can confirm the trial has a bug which prevent one from testing non-regular fonts which are CFF based. This will be fixed with the next upcoming update.

For now, as a work-around, in the Font Export Settings, set the Outline Format to TrueType.
FontExportSettings.png
FontExportSettings.png (28.72 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Leon Gauthier

Post by Leon Gauthier »

Thanks, Erwin, that did the trick. I really thought that it was another flaw in the font. I am still curious about just what is being changed in the file when I merely open “Font Properties” and then click “OK” without making any conscious changes.

Anyway, I guess I have dinked around with the trial version long enough, it is time to purchase the license. I know I have given you guys some grief (that is just what novices do) but overall I think that this is a well crafted application backed by real expertise. One of the features I like the most is the glyph display and the various ways it can be filtered and sorted which allows one to see everything that is in a font very quickly.