question about composite glyphs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Dennis

question about composite glyphs

Post by Dennis »

Hi all. I tried looking for the answer to this but didn't see anything. In the past when I built a font I'd begin with the basic latin characters and accents of course. To create the composites I'd just right click on the empty glyph and choose "complete composites". More often than not the accents will appear just about where I need them perfectly centered. Some require minor position tweaking but the majority of the time I get it right on the first try. Today I cleared all the glyphs out of a previous project and began to create a new font. Like usual I built the latin and then the accents. This time, however, when I choose "complete composites" my accent is waaaayyy off. (see picture)

Please help me understand what is happening and how I can correct this. I spend an awful lot of time doing this. Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: question about composite glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Check the glyph properties (F3) and see if it has an offset. Right-click, open a new window on each composite glyph member and check those out too.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

No I didn't see any.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Dennis wrote:No I didn't see any.
If you can share the font project file with me I will take a look at it.

Send it by email if you don't want to make it public Image

I am unlikely to do anything with it until tomorrow now.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486