Protecting Font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
scs

Protecting Font

Post by scs »

Hi!!

I came again to ask for your help.
When we make .otf / .ttf / .woff files available to buyers, how can we be sure that our font is safe? How do we know they don´t make changes to it? I don´t know if I make myself understood, for example a buyer buys the font. What stops him from entering FontCreator and make changes to glyphs or even "the font properties, legal"?
How do we prevent them from making these changes?
Thank you very much for your attention in clarifying these doubts.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Protecting Font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is no effective method to protect fonts, or anything else that you upload. Even "protected" PDF files can be easily cracked, and you can find numerous cracked versions of FontCreator online too.

Reputable sites will remove illegal copies of your fonts if you contact them, but it is a fruitless task. Just rely on your income from users who do respect copyrights.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
scs

Re: Protecting Font

Post by scs »

I realize it is an almost impossible task to control. Shouldn't there at least be a password in the "Font Propertys, Legal" field? Wouldn't it be nice to block future changes on "legal, copyright notice?