Problem whilst using Open Office 2 Impress to produce a pdf.

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main forums on topic! If you have anything else, related to fonts, you want to share, please post it here!
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Problem whilst using Open Office 2 Impress to produce a pdf.

Post by William »

I have produced a new font and, having installed it on this PC, I am trying to produce a landscape format pdf using Open Office 2 as a display of the character glyphs, including a display of the ligature glyphs which are in the font mapped into the Unicode Private Use Area. I am using Open Office 2 Impress because as far as I know at present that is the only way to get a landscape text pdf out of Open Office 2. However I have only a very little experience of using Open Office 2 so I may well be missing something.

The display on the pdf is fine, yet the Document Properties Fonts panel of Adobe Reader 7 tells me that as well as a subset of my new font being embedded that a subset of TimesNewRomanPSMT is embedded as well. Having checked using FontCreator that TimesNewRomanPSMT is indeed the Postscript name of the Times New Roman font which is installed on this computer I am stuck as to how to get it out of the pdf because as far as I can tell there is no use of Times New Roman in the Impress document.

Does anyone have any ideas about this please?

William Overington

12 April 2007
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No problem making an A4 landscape PDF file from Open Office Writer. Just set up the page to A4 Landscape like this template.

You problably have TNR as your default font, hence the embedded font. Edit the default paragraph style to use your font, or select all and change the font. It could also be in a header or footer.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

Thank you for your help. In view of your comments I started again with Open Office Writer and managed to make a landscape format pdf showing my new font.

Thank you again.

William
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by William »

Here is a link to the pdf which I produced.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/h ... enfont.pdf

William