Using MSKLC to KB-Map Private Chars Situate in High Unicode

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main forums on topic! If you have anything else, related to fonts, you want to share, please post it here!
disCursive

Using MSKLC to KB-Map Private Chars Situate in High Unicode

Post by disCursive »

I am a newbie to this sort of stuff. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to use Microsoft's Keyboard Layout Creator to map my personally designed characters that I have made with Eudcedit and stored at locations upward from E000 in the Unicode character space in my XP Pro SP 2 system. Can anyone inform me on this subject?

Ray
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

E000 hex is 57344 decimal codepoint; E001 is 57345, etc.

In the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator, select the check boxes for the modifier key(s) you wish to use (e.g. AltGr) and click on the key that you wish to assign E000 to. In the little dialogue box that appears enter the character by holding down Alter and typing 57344.

If you prefer a cut and paste method, use Babel Map which will convert between Hex, Decimal, and Characters. Just find E000 and copy it as a character to the clipboard, ready for pasting into the MSKLC.

If you're making more than one or two characters, you will find it a lot easier with FontCreator. Ecuedit is a bit limited.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486