Unicode / Glyph / Font cross-reference

Please try to keep all the discussions in the main forums on topic! If you have anything else, related to fonts, you want to share, please post it here!
rolfengelbrecht

Unicode / Glyph / Font cross-reference

Post by rolfengelbrecht »

Is there any information available that cross-references commercially (or privately) available fonts to specific unicode ranges or codepoints? For example, if I want to see an example of implementations of Unicode glyph number $xxxx (where xxxx is a somewhat unusual value, not in the standard Latin or ASCII collections), is there a way for me to find out which available fonts have implemented that Glyph (or at least implemented its corresponding unicode range in general?) I am particularly interested in the following unicode ranges:
Latin extensions, IPA extension, Greek, Cyrilic, Arabic (including Presentation). For example, the standard Times New Roman implements many members of these ranges, but not all, and I an having trouble finding some of the others.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See my post at the bottom of this Specifications Forum. Especially for your question: Alan Woods Uniocde Resources is what you are looking for
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
rolfengelbrecht

Post by rolfengelbrecht »

Hey, thanks a lot. I really appreciate everyone's help in finding the right links and resources as I get my feet on the ground in this area!