My font does not in bold when printed

Post questions about type and font design here.
asar

Post by asar »

Dear all. I am working on a new font called Asar Fonts, well its comprised of some fonts that frequently used by me, i.e. Times New Roman (with some additional Arabic transliteration letters) & Traditional Arabic (with additional Jawi letters) fonts. The font goes smooth and I can see the different types of it in my laptop, i.e. regular, bold, bold italic and italic. Now there are 2 problems:
1- When it comes to printing, the bold letters/ fonts are not clear, I mean it does not look as in Times New Roman and Traditional Arabic. Anyway, for the Traditional Arabic font, its better than the Times New Roman font, i.e. the bold still could be seen and it show the differences; but in Times New Roman the bold colour is unclear – if one does not pay attention , he just assumes that they look same as regular letters.

2- I also wonder why my fonts have an arrow symbol, not as other fonts which do not have the symbol. Is there any error in my fonts?

Psss... I dont know how to attach the images? :(
Asar Abd KarimTogether we make this temporary world a better place to live
asar

Post by asar »

Dear all. I am working on a new font called Asar Fonts, well its comprised of some fonts that frequently used by me, i.e. Times New Roman (with some additional Arabic transliteration letters) & Traditional Arabic (with additional Jawi letters) fonts. The font goes smooth and I can see the different types of it in my laptop, i.e. regular, bold, bold italic and italic. Now there are 2 problems:
1- When it comes to printing, the bold letters/ fonts are not clear, I mean it does not look as in Times New Roman and Traditional Arabic. Anyway, for the Traditional Arabic font, its better than the Times New Roman font, i.e. the bold still could be seen and it show the differences; but in Times New Roman the bold colour is unclear – if one does not pay attention , he just assumes that they look same as regular letters.

2- I also wonder why my fonts have an arrow symbol, not as other fonts which do not have the symbol. Is there any error in my fonts?

Appreciate very much if someone could help me, please. Thanks in advance.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: My font does not in bold when printed

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

1. Bold fonts need to be designed as a separate typeface with thicker strokes.

2. Without a screen shot it is hard to know what you mean.

Click on the "Upload Attachment" tab below the message reply box to attach an image. Crop the screen shot to show just what is important.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
asar

Post by asar »

Afternoon Bhikkhu Pesala and thank you very much for your reply.
Ok, for the 2nd problem: I solved the thing - its caused by conflicting names. I will try to follow what you said on how to upload the image later on.
However, the 1st problem is still there: I did try with a separate typeface with thicker strokes for several times - I just follow what the Times New Roman does. But when I installed both fonts/ typefaces, my font does only come out with the bold type? the regular type does not appear. Is it about the naming of the font? I mean, I put wrong particulars in the "naming" for both types of the fonts and that is why only bold type appears? Anyway, I dont solve it yet...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

For the bold style, the bold flags need to be set and the weight needs to be set to bold or demi bold, on the Classification Tab of the Format, Settings dialogue.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
asar

Post by asar »

Morning to all friends and I pray for you for good and guidance, ameen.
How are you Bhikkhu? Ok my friend, I finally settled it yesterday and thanks to all who advised me. But another problem is and I am not sure whether this is a problem or not? Well in my office XP laptop the font (AsarFonts) is ok, but its not ok in my Windows 7 laptop (it does not work properly, but I need to re-confirm it later on). Is it about something related to the attachment, i.e. the font in regular, looks differently from others (without mentioning the "true type" in brackets)?
Thank you in advance.
Attachments
another problem.JPG
another problem.JPG (54.03 KiB) Viewed 10974 times
asar

Post by asar »

Sorry, the font is "Asar", not AsarFonts.