Help with changing a font

Post questions about type and font design here.
Michael12

Help with changing a font

Post by Michael12 »

This is my first time on this forum, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

I'm currently working on an application (computer program) where I'd like to change the font which is Tahoma (I believe) to Calibri or something similar,
however I can't change it just by changing the name of the font I've to make all the letters in .png. In a file of 512x128.

So my issue is basically, how could I change it to Calibri? Do I have to do it manually (in paint, pixel-editing?) or is there a program to do so?

This is how the current file looks like

It has to be the same size as these letters are, the letters has to be white with a black outline.

Thanks in advance,
Michael.
Last edited by Michael12 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanisaac

Re: Help with changing a font

Post by vanisaac »

Open Office and other word processors have the "outline" text formatting, which should do exactly what you want. You can then just print screen, and paste into paint or gimp, or whatever. I think that should do it for you.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Help with changing a font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This PDF might be a good starting point. Open it in a PDF viewer and export it to a PNG bitmap.
Attachments
ANSI Character Set.pdf
(51.86 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486