Help Identifying font. Please HELPPP!

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
danieljgor

Help Identifying font. Please HELPPP!

Post by danieljgor »

Hello.

My name is Daniel and i have been hunting high and low for this font.

It appears to be a combination of a few and the 1, 0, 6, 9 are always wrong.

Thanks
Daniel
Attachments
cluster font.jpg
cluster font.jpg (230.69 KiB) Viewed 3339 times
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Help Identifying font. Please HELPPP!

Post by Alfred »

Hi Daniel,

It's pretty close to (ITC) Serif Gothic (Std) Roman/Regular, apart from the 6 and 9 not having serifs and the 'tail' of the 1 being much too long.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Help Identifying font. Please HELPPP!

Post by Dick Pape »

I agree there seems to be several fonts involved here. My understanding is that is not unusual for meter-type applications where things start out hand lettered or designed by CAD systems.

Got good match on most of the numbers using fonts like Adobe Serif Gothic Regular ((ITC or EF)) as did Alfred. While these fonts have small flared ends their design is very close. (Berthold, H/SerifGothicBQ-Regular, Adobe ITC Serif Gothic (Regular), Linotype SerifGothic LT (regular), Adobe Systems/SerifGothicStd,
Adibe Serif GothicEF-Regular.)

Couldn't find match for the short armed "1". In fact the "1" seems to come from some other place, as it's stroke seems narrower than the others and is shorter than the "0"s in "1000". Possibly hand made.

The letters in "rpm" are compressed and not consistent with the numbers which are not condensed. Perhaps like: Linotype LT Corinthian Com Light, Monotype MT/GE Inspira Medium, The Font Company/VenusMedium.