Gothic Fonts for Film Posters

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
sixblazingshotguns

Gothic Fonts for Film Posters

Post by sixblazingshotguns »

Hi,

I'm writing to ask for a little help. I know I'm a first time poster but any pointers would be hugely helpful and much appreciated.

I've just started working for a film director. We're currently putting together the poster for a film that's just been completed and he asked me to do research into gothic fonts.

This research landed on the Sonatine font - http://www.mauvais-genres.com/4550-thic ... kitano.jpg

This is the now the favoured direction, but I've started to come up against a brick wall looking for variants.

Unfortunately I used up all my researching options getting to Sonatine and haven't now got many idea's on where or how or what variants on the font might be out there.

I was hoping that some people with more font knowledge than me might be able to help a bit, and it really would be amazing if any one reading this might know of any other fonts a bit like Sonatine (american text) or anywhere which might be good place to start looking.

As I've been through myfonts, font shop etc looking my only real idea now is to go to book shops and look for 70/80's fiction and see if they might have any futuristic/gothic fonts which might work for the film.

So really if anyone know of any fonts like Sonatine that would incredible and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Many Thanks,

T
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Gothic Fonts for Film Poster

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I moved your thread to the Identify a Font forum, and renamed it, as it will more likely get the attention it needs here.

A quick search of Dafonts.com for Gothic will find many related fonts.

I make only one: Cankama, which is similar to Cloister Black or Wedding Text

My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486