Whats this font for a client

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
mmgraphics

Whats this font for a client

Post by mmgraphics »

Hi guys, really struggling with the font for an older client of mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Whats this font for a client

Post by Dick Pape »

It's called Sanford by Silver Graphics. According to Google references (Devroye, et al) the company is out of business.
mater1.jpg
mater1.jpg (19.44 KiB) Viewed 5287 times
On second or third looks, this may not be the exact font. There are very minor differences which may come from printing/display vagaries or another font...
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Dick Pape wrote:It's called Sanford by Silver Graphics. According to Google references (Devroye, et al) the company is out of business.
mater1.jpg
On second or third looks, this may not be the exact font. There are very minor differences which may come from printing/display vagaries or another font...
Any differences look very minor indeed, Dick. Apart from the glyphs in your Sanford sample looking slightly more angled, the only real differences that I can see are in the cross stroke of the /t and the ear of the /r.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Gerber has it as another name and it matches exactly. I cannot recall the name at the moment. It was only available through them.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

It's really close, perhaps squashing it would matter?

is there another name for Gerber?
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Gerber is the name of the company that produces (among other things) equipment and software for the sign industry.

I had to look it up again. Their name for the font is "Marker Acct" and is only available from them. In any case, it wasn't the "exact" match I thought it was. Marker Acct is not as slanted as the sample provided.

Mike
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

Thanks for the help! This is about the closest I've ever seen a font which is not an exact match.