What is the name of this forum's font?

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
Jonne Haven

What is the name of this forum's font?

Post by Jonne Haven »

Erwin,

If I could ask, what is the name of this font that your site is using for what I'm writing? It's for a friend who is preparing a resume and is looking for a good looking font that's easily readable without weird spacings.

Thanks,

Jonne
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: What is the name of this forum's font?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The forum does not specify any font as far as I can tell, so the font used will depend on which browser you use to read the forum.

Verdana is a good and common choice for web sites, but it is not necessarily the best font for a résumé.

If the résumé is going to be submitted as a PDF, then a font designed for reading on-screen, like Verdana, would still be a good choice. If it's for print, a serif font would be a better choice. Times New Roman is safe, but rather over-used.

Apparently, both Opera and Vivaldi are using Trebuchet MS.
Trebuchet MS.png
Trebuchet MS.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: What is the name of this forum's font?

Post by Alfred »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:The forum does not specify any font as far as I can tell, so the font used will depend on which browser you use to read the forum.
Most browsers will use TNR by default to display unstyled text. The CSS for the forum specifies the following font stack for the "content" class:

Code: Select all

font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
Lucida Grande is a standard font on macOS and OS X, but if (like many Windows users) you don't have it installed, you will see Trebuchet MS in the body of a forum post. Some of the other font stacks for this forum seem to omit Lucida Grande from the list.
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:If the résumé is going to be submitted as a PDF, then a font designed for reading on-screen, like Verdana, would still be a good choice. If it's for print, a serif font would be a better choice. Times New Roman is safe, but rather over-used.
If you want to use a serif font for reading on-screen, Georgia would be a good choice. Like Verdana, it was designed for excellent on-screen legibility, even at very small sizes.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10