Anyone seen this?

Are you looking for the name of a font or a character? Do upload an image or picture that helps us identify it.
jose12345

Anyone seen this?

Post by jose12345 »

I am looking for something very advanced like this Open Type font. Send it or who can make it? Thx
tmp_24763-Ron letter-11705627459.jpg
tmp_24763-Ron letter-11705627459.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Anyone seen this?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It is obviously hand-written and not a font.

If you want to make a font out of your own hand writing, try Scanahand or YourFonts.com

If you want someone to make you a font from hand writing it will cost a lot, and they will need a full set of characters from which to work.

There is no end of free and inexpensive fonts that looks like hand writing. I have a few scripts on my free fonts page, but they are formal scripts rather than rough looking hand writing fonts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
jose12345

Post by jose12345 »

sorry man, this is an advanced Open Type font. I know it looks like handwriting, that's the point. The variable data fields (name, address, city, state, zip) are a font. There are new generations of OpenType fonts that have 2-3 different versions of each character and rotate them randomly to appear more real.The return address was custom made as one .tif image and intentionally looks messy. Anyone else know how to make this?

High Logic Font creator can make this, I'm just looking for someone who has done it before or know who can. Thanks in advance.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Yes, it can be made, though I also doubt it is a font but hey, might be. I know of only a few fonts that pseudo-randomize characters and none look like handwriting.

I can do it...what is your budget? If you want to do it in FC Pro, I believe I have some links to OT feature code you can review to see how at least one person has handled it.

Mike
jose12345

Post by jose12345 »

I like your idea Mike. My budget is 500.00 if I can get so.ething lime this envelope, can you give me more info about the source that did it?
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

$500 would only be a good start for me to take your glyphs and write the OT Feature code.

And please note that OT code cannot create true randomness. It approximates randomness with what some people call "cleverness." That's the feature code simply approximating randomness. And it does work to the extent of (1) the number of glyph variations and, (2) how much effort one desires to put into the rules for the swapping.

Here's some threads. Some of those threads also include links to code examples. Not that the code referenced are application specific, most use Adobe's coding but not all. Every one of them can be changed to the coding that FC uses. Some actually need fixed along the way as they would not actually compile as are.

https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/feature ... alternates

http://www.underware.nl/case-studies/random-vs-clever/

http://www.typophile.com/node/19625

I believe Erwin (the creator of FC) also has a code snippet and sample file here on the forum someplace. I think I saw it one day browsing. But I couldn't just now easily find it.

Mike
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Randomize feature (rand) can be used.

See this earlier thread
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486