Shift select for points.

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Shift select for points.

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Wouldn't it be nice if, while using Q and W to select points, you could hold shift to select more than one point? Right now you have to drag the mouse-box over several points to select them. But shift-select is common in most other programs.

God bless!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Although I am a touch typist, I think the mouse is much faster for this task. Use the lasso tool for awkward cases. You can also use shift to add/remove points to/from a selection with the selection tools.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Thanks again, Mr. Pesala! I know that the mouse lasso can be used for this, but I posted here in the "requests" forum, not for the function, but for the requesting of the mode of using the function. I don't EXPECT any of my requests to be added, but it is always good to hope!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Shift select for points.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This feature request has now been implemented in FontCreator 10.

Shift + Q and Shift + W now select multiple points (nodes).
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486