Copy and Paste Vectors from Adobe Illustrator

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Larry Carter

Copy and Paste Vectors from Adobe Illustrator

Post by Larry Carter »

Right now Font Creator to me is on the verge of being a great font editor if it would directly paste vector coordinates rather than converting vector to bitmap and then back to vector by tracing. This is totally illogical and very inaccurate. Right now pasting results in very sloppy curves and lines and adding unwanted extra points.
Acutally there would be no need for drawing tools in Font Creator if this program could tap the power of Adobe Illustrator or the next best... Coreldraw in properly pasting the actual vector points like Fontlab. Then Font Creator would be in the upper crust of font editing.
Right now the tools are ok for drawing except for some important features like welding to really make font creating easier and enjoyable. But if the pasting or importing was up to par there actually would be no need for drawing tools. I think my feelings as a graphic artist is most likely shared by others.
Larry

arrrrggghhh I found out I can't copy a glyph and paste it into Illustrator. This is a must!!!! What I've written should be on the high priority list of things to do to make this software excellent. I would even pay more money if that is what it takes to get this thing to copy and paste vector points correctly. Right now it takes too much time to clean up a pasted glyph in Font Creator.
nortenyo

Post by nortenyo »

I enthusiastically agree with Larry Carter! I think he said in a nutshell what is my number 1 complaint with FCP. I, too would pay a premium to have that functionality. It would be merging the power of Adobe Illustrator with FCP!!! One can dream...
Erwin Denissen

Re: Copy and Paste Vectors from Adobe Illustrator

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This feature has been available since FontCreator 6.0 which was released in 2009.

However since that is six years ago, I'm not sure if we support all recent versions of Adobe Illustrator, so if you can let us know your results, that would be great!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology