Support Context Reverse Chaining etc.

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Jan Kučera

Support Context Reverse Chaining etc.

Post by Jan Kučera »

That is really great. Are there any plans to support the other substitutions, like context/reverse chaining etc.?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Support Context Reverse Chaining etc.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Hi Jan,

I moved your post to this forum where it belongs and so should get noticed.

I don't know of specific plans about what will get implemented or when, but they are working hard to improve the implementation of OpenType feature support. I think they have done very well to get this far in the first release with OpenType support.

See this post for example.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
León Fridsma

Re: Support Context Reverse Chaining etc.

Post by León Fridsma »

We haven't had any requests before for these types of substitutions before and have not seen them in any of our test fonts either. It should be possible to simulate a "context" lookup by creating a chained context lookup, but reverse chaining context is currently not possible. In the future we might add support for these types of substitutions, but for now our priorities are to get better GPOS support and make GPOS available in the scripting engine.