Confirm on Clear Subtable

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
delins

Confirm on Clear Subtable

Post by delins »

Here's another request: Can you apply an [Yes and No] option in opentype designer when hitting "Clear Subtable" button? It happens that sometimes, or should I say many times, that button is pressed accidentally due to its close location to first and second glyph buttons, and unfortunately there's no undo option for it, which results in numerous recent kerning pair losses...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Confirm on Clear Subtable

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I am not in favour of confirmation dialogues for every other action. Users should take reasonable care when clicking buttons, but I am in favour of the previous request for saving work without exiting the OpenType Designer dialogue.

If one does delete a kerning pair or subtable by accident, then one can simply click cancel to lose the changes made since opening the designer dialogue, and as a last resort one can use the Revert button to abandon all changes to the Project since last saving it.

Making it easier to save changes is better than making it easier to undo them.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Confirm on Clear Subtable

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I don't think the button is used very often, so it is not such a bad idea to pop up a confirmation dialog.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology