• Window Memory in Kerning Addition

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Daniel

New Pair Adjustment

Post by Daniel »

It would be awesome to add more options to find glyphs in the "New Pair Adjustment" window.
It's really annoying to scroll all the characters to find one you need, so please consider adding more option to that window.
Even a sort option will be ok, based on unicode classification or a find dialog box.
Cheers :roll:
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New Pair Adjustment

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you created any groups yet? That will greatly reduce the amount of scrolling if you show only groups.

Quick Find in the Adjustment Pairs is already on the ToDo list (type any letter to go to the first occurrence).

Import my blank kerning *.otldf file to see how groups can help. The groups and pairs are all neatly sorted already. It may not be what you need for your font, but it might give you some ideas on how to proceed.

Basically, create one script with all of the groups and pairs in the order you want, then export it. Reuse in all other fonts that you want to edit.

Scripts can also be edited in a text editor if you know what you're doing.
Attachments
kern_Blank.zip
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Daniel

Re: New Pair Adjustment

Post by Daniel »

Thank you Bhikkhu
I use groups but from time to time I do some basic letter by letter kerning tests.
boballen

• Window Memory in Kerning Addition

Post by boballen »

This may only be valuable to my way of working, but I've noticed that I often return to the same area in the "add kerning pairs" window. I had a number of pairings with curly quotes this morning that needed special attention. But returning to the "add" window requires scrolling down to the same point again. Can get tricky when you have ordinals and small caps next to each other too. If the windows return at the point in the list where it last closed, I could select the next item (or close item) in the list without scrolling. Just a wish... :D
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Window Memory in Kerning Addition

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I agree. This would be a big time-saver.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: • Window Memory in Kerning Addition

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yes, this sounds like a nice enhancement. We've added it to our to-do list.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology