Vector Graphics and FCP

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Redruth Underground

Vector Graphics and FCP

Post by Redruth Underground »

:idea: Currently, I am using 3.1, which allows .BMP backgrounds and imports: however, as the TrueType format is essentially a vector-image format, I was wondering if there shouldn't be a vector-import function in FCP. Even the ability to copy and paste vectors from Corel Presentations .WPG images or MS Office .WMF clipart, or from Paint Shop Pro would be an excellent bonus. I know Corel Presentations can and will convert TTF vectors to WPG vectors quickly and cleanly enough: why not carry back? I'd love to be able to use glyph-contours in art and vice versa without installing every font I want to borrow a glyph from on the one hand, and degrading my vector art to bitmap on the other.

Here's the features, listed, therefore:
> Copy Vectors
> Import Vector File
> Paste Vectors

Thanks!
lmnau

Post by lmnau »

Exactly..

Same for Illustrator
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Hi lmnau,

Welcome to the FontCreator forums. Have you used the program yet? You will find that it can import vector files from the clipboard using Windows Metafile format.

I believe that Font Creator stores the font outlines as Truetype curves, not postscript, so there is little to be gained by adding EPS support. I can copy vector images from Corel Draw via the clipboard, or export them as WMF and bring them in using import image.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
portismedia

EPS Import

Post by portismedia »

I think there should be an eps import or cut and paste action added. I have rescently tried cutting and pasting vector graphics from Illustrator CS and the curves are distorted and fine curves got to blocks. I imprted the same graphic as a WMF file and got better results but still flaws. The fine lines went to blocks on import. I did not do this as a glyph but only as a regular character but I do not think that should matter.

i am wondering if this can be improved.