New to Forums: Shortcuts

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
codewar65

New to Forums: Shortcuts

Post by codewar65 »

Greetings, I have used FontCreator in the past and have just recently purchased a Standard Licence. I love the new features!

One thing I have noticed, having just finished a font, is the lack of some obvious shortcut hotkeys for Union, Intersect, Rectangle, etc. Are these something that can be added or the ability for the user to configure custom hotkeys?

In the meantime, I wrote a program in c# that hooks into Windows WM_SYSKEYDOWN event and sends mouse clicks to FontCreator's toolbars that I use often when I press various Alt+key combos.

I have also noticed that snap to grid only works when moving paths and drawing, and not for resizing. It's not a show-stopper but a bit of an inconvenience.

Great to be here,
codewar65
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New to Forums: Shortcuts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Welcome to the forums.

I moved your thread to the Requests and Enhancements forum, as it seems to belong here rather than in the Discussion forum.

Customisable Shortcuts has been requested before.

Show grid is the first thing I turn off after starting a new project, so I never noticed that snap to grid doesn't work.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New to Forums: Shortcuts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

In FontCreator 11.0 this can now be done easily with Access Keys.
  1. Press Shift F10 to show the context menu (it will open at the current mouse cursor position)
  2. Press the "j" key to open the Join submenu
  3. Press the "u" key to Get Union of Contours
Union of Contours.png
Union of Contours.png (13.81 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486