Select glyphs after running a Transform script?

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Erwin Denissen

Select glyphs after running a Transform script?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Would it be a good idea to show the selection in the font overview on completing a script?

So if you run a script with "All" as range, then all glyphs will be selected on completing a script.

However if you include a override range as last step, which only contains 2 glyphs, then on completing the script only those two glyphs will be selected.

Or would it be better to not change the glyph selection; which is how it works right now?

Or is it an idea to combine all processed glyphs during a script, and then select those all?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Select glyphs after running a Transform script?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I was expecting that Override Range would select the glyphs, then perform whatever other transformation was defined, leaving them selected afterwards.

If another Override Range feature followed, I would expect it to select that new range, and drop the previous range.

There might also be a good case for leaving it as it is, but I cannot think of one at the moment.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This has been implemented with the update we released yesterday. Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

That seems to work as expected now.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486