• Customizing columns in Groups panel [Solved]

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Rookuli

• Customizing columns in Groups panel [Solved]

Post by Rookuli »

In MainType 4 I can hide the Count and the Description column, also I can resize the Name column as I like but all these settings are not saved, every time I restart MainType the hidden columns are back.
2akbfnm.png
2akbfnm.png (15.6 KiB) Viewed 9591 times
I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Service Pack 1.

Cheers,

Robert
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Customizing columns in Groups panel

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Agreed. This is a slight irritation. The setting is not saved with a docking layout either.

Maybe one day this description field will be useful, but for now it's empty for all fonts, and not needed yet.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Maybe one day this description field will be useful, but for now it's empty for all fonts, and not needed yet.
Well - you can enter your own descriptions here. :wink: Just right-click on a group, choose "Edit Group" and enter any description you like.

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Enigma wrote:Well - you can enter your own descriptions here. :wink:
Yes, I realised that, but for now I have better things to do than talking to myself about my fonts. Later, I may add some notes about modifications I have made to different versions.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Rookuli wrote:In MainType 4 I can hide the Count and the Description column, also I can resize the Name column as I like but all these settings are not saved, every time I restart MainType the hidden columns are back.
We will make sure the next update of MainType will remember these settings for all three important views (font list, groups, and font info).
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Agreed. This is a slight irritation. The setting is not saved with a docking layout either.
We will consider storing these settings in the docking layouts as well, but we're not sure yet.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology