• Maintype server version in sight ?

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
knatterton

• Maintype server version in sight ?

Post by knatterton »

Hello !

I just wanted to ask if there is any new time schedule when MainType will be able to manage fonts in a central server database ?

Thank you, Klaus
Erwin Denissen

Re: Maintype server version in sight ?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

No, not a public one. We do have a roadmap for internal use, but it changes too often to represent something we can share with our customers.

Nevertheless I can tell you we have a handful of major things on our todo list, and this is certainly one of them.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
knatterton

Post by knatterton »

Hello Erwin !

Just to get an update: Any news on a server version ?
As my users share their fonts over the network, it would also be VERY helpful to share MainTypes font database and groups, so anyone has the same settings available.
At the moment they are suffering with the different settings on each machine, this is very time consuming and generates errors ...

Thank you, Klaus
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Since we've just released FontCreator 8, we will now need to reconsider all our plans. We intend to release new versions of both MainType and Scanahand later this year, but we haven't decided yet what features will be implemented.

Given the fact not many people have requested a server edition, I'm not sure if it is wise to add it. Don't get me wrong; I really like the idea, but it is unrealistic to invest 6 months of work, and only have a hand full of people who buy such edition.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

With the release of MainType 6, it now supports folder synchronization. This way you will always have an up to date list of your fonts. If other users of our font manager also use it to synchronize a specific folder on your network, then you will all have the same fonts in that group.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology