• Would Like To View My Source Folder Fonts

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
2Design

• Would Like To View My Source Folder Fonts

Post by 2Design »

HI, I current have my fonts stored in different folders named from where I sourced them; Adobe, Corel, Masterclips, home, work etc. But I am unable to view my fonts from where they're stored in my hard drive. It would be great to be able to see these font in MainType where I've sorted by folder. Either that, or allow MainType the user option to creatre multiple data bases. Example: One for my commercial fonts and one for my personal fonts etc. Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Woulod Like To View My Source Folder Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can already do this. Simply allow MainType to create groups based on the folder structure on adding fonts to the library.

Font Folders
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Woulod Like To View My Source Folder Fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala was a little faster, but he is right.

MainType can show a folder. Just drag-and-drop the folder to the MainType toolbar, or add it through the Font Folders dialog. Do make sure the "keep in sync" is checked, to ensure MainType is updated when you add or remove fonts from that folder.
MainType Sync Folder.png
MainType Sync Folder.png (116.39 KiB) Viewed 9747 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
2Design

Re: Would Like To View My Source Folder Fonts

Post by 2Design »

Thanks guys, I didn't realise that, and I did read the user guide. That's a big plus to me, that feature. Much appreciate it. Love the software. Thx.