[FIXED] CJK fonts hit troubled waters on searching

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
kafany

[FIXED] CJK fonts hit troubled waters on searching

Post by kafany »

the sample font (by a Chinese type foundry RTWS) can be found here: http://down1.ps123.net/2013/2013031611.rar, try to search the character 水 (U+6C34, means Water in Chinese language) or its code $6C34, nothing found. while this character really exists at the glyph index #1943 (decimal).

I've tried to learn what happens. this glyph (letter form) is defined twice in Unicode, the 1st in the Kangxi Radicals CJK block, as a radical (a group of strokes served as ideographs' element) of Chinese characters (U+2F54, used only in philology academy), the 2nd in the CJK Unified Ideographs block (U+6C34), as a normal, daily used Chinese character.

unfortunately, the lazy designer made only one glyph for the two Unicode slots, nevertheless, he has no mistakes. It seems the FontCreator matches only the 1st mapping on searching, and jumps over the 2nd et cetera in this condition. I'm not quite sure, please look into it.

Thanks!

Last edited by kafany on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erwin Denissen

Re: CJK fonts hit trouble water on searching

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Confirmed. This will be fixed soon.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
kafany

Re: CJK fonts hit troubled waters on searching

Post by kafany »

Hi Erwin, I've noticed a new version released today. the problem mentioned here is partially solved.
when searching by the code $6C34 it matches correctly, but still buggy when searching by the character (水) directly.
Erwin Denissen

Re: CJK fonts hit troubled waters on searching

Post by Erwin Denissen »

kafany wrote:Hi Erwin, I've noticed a new version released today. the problem mentioned here is partially solved.
when searching by the code $6C34 it matches correctly, but still buggy when searching by the character (水) directly.
This issue will be fixed with the next upcoming update of FontCreator 11.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology