[Resolved] OpenType layouts script syntax error

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
kafany

[Resolved] OpenType layouts script syntax error

Post by kafany »

I met a Syntax Error warning when compiling a custom OpenType layouts script (or exporting this font file with OT features). said .null or .notdef is not a valid glyph name.
not a big problem, but I think these names are default specifications. right?
Erwin Denissen

Re: OpenType layouts script syntax error

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This is indeed a bug. The next upcoming release will not be so strict on glyph names, thus will accept names like .notdef and .null.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

So far we haven't fixed this issue, but there is an easy work-around which I'd like to share:

Either remove the lines which include the .notdef glyph name, or probably a better work-around: change the glyph name of the .notdef glyph, to notdef (leaving out the dot), and change the name in the script accordingly.

Note: For people who fear this is not allowed, don't worry as changing the glyph name in version 7.5 is perfectly fine, since on export FontCreator will automatically rename the glyph name back to .notdef, but after the script has been compiled.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Note: For people who fear this is not allowed, don't worry as changing the glyph name in version 7.5 is perfectly fine, since on export FontCreator will automatically rename the glyph name back to .notdef, but after the script has been compiled.
Sneaky! 8)
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10