[FIXED] Outlines distorted when open OTF fonts

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
_Bin_

[FIXED] Outlines distorted when open OTF fonts

Post by _Bin_ »

The left tilde is from the truetype version with truetype outlines, while the right one is from opentype version, with postscript outlines.

I have trouble open a font with postscript outlines in Font Creator 8.0. Tried with 7.5 and still received such errors where outlines were distorted. The bug is no longer existed in the TTF-version of the font. I tried install the two versions and use them in photoshop, they still works well, no outlines errors. Also tried open those in Fontlab and no errors.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Outlines distorted when open OTF fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

From my tests, there could be some problems with the PostScript Export from FontCreator.

Is that how you produced your Postscript font? I think Erwin will need the FontProject file to test it.

In my test the outline of the ascii tilde acquired a few more nodes, which is not a surprise, but it's direction was reversed, which I would not expect. The curve was not distorted though.
Attachments
Garava Regular.otf
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Postscript Outlines Test.fcp
(83.05 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Outlines distorted when open OTF fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There is a bug which in rare circumstances results in malformed curves during the CFF based to TrueType based outlines conversion.

We do have a bug fix for existing customers, so do contact me and I'll send you a link to the new release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology