[FIXED] "Argument out of range" message while exporting/installing the font in FontCreator 10

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
scintilla4evr

[FIXED] "Argument out of range" message while exporting/installing the font in FontCreator 10

Post by scintilla4evr »

Hello. I have a problem with the recent version of FontCreator.
I was adding new rules to the Chained Context Substitution, and when I wanted to make a test outside FontCreator by exporting the font, "Argument out of range" message popped out.
Edit: This error doesn't occur in version 9.0.0.1904.

Here is the FontCreator project file:
Typeof.fcp
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Last edited by scintilla4evr on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: "Argument out of range" message while exporting/installing the font in FontCreator 10

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I can confirm the problem. It's probably a bug.

You will have to wait for Erwin to see this tomorrow.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: "Argument out of range" message while exporting/installing the font in FontCreator 10

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This problem is caused by a bug and a flaw in FontCreator.

The bug was introduced with version 10, but the main issue which is more problematic, has been there since we first introduced support for context based substitutions. The way OpenType layout features are stored in a font won't allow the things you've done. We're working on a fix right now. Hopefully we'll be able to release an update later this week.

In the mean time, please buy a license so we can continue to improve our software!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We've just released an update which solves the issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology