[Resolved] Themida installation problem

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
greg

[Resolved] Themida installation problem

Post by greg »

Hi, I'm setting up a new computer and trying to reinstall my old fontcreator 6 program. This has been with me through several computers and I've never had an issue with it before. Having gone through intallation I get the warning shown in the image attached.
I can see reference to Themida problem in past posts and reference to AVG treating it as a virus. I tried disabling AVG whilst installing but got the same result.
I have emails with my original documentation... I tried writing direct to fontcreator support but no response.
thanks in advance for any help. Greg
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-09-11 17.24.46.png
Screenshot 2016-09-11 17.24.46.png (5.68 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: themida installation problem

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 6.0 is seven years old now. There have been countless improvements since then in successive versions of FontCreator. If your needs are simple, this old version may be fine for you, but if you want to produce professional fonts it is time to upgrade.

Even if you only need the Home Edition to edit fonts for your own personal use, the upgrade price of just $39 is available for you to jump right up to the latest version.

There will, of course, be a bit of a learning curve, but you will find tutorials on my Review page, as well as here on the High-Logic forums.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
greg

Post by greg »

Hi Bhikkhu, thankyou for your speedy reply. Yes I may well consider upgrading in the near future but for now I have just spent a lot on a new computer and just want to get back to where I was.
I have only used font creator for making one handmade font which has been great for my uses (integrating that with adobe illustrator). I do need to figure out how to transform that font into a bold form, for which the upgrade is probably much better suited. But for the moment can you advise me if it is possible to overcome the themida problem.
with thanks from Greg
ps. once I added on the tax it jumped up to $47
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

1. Restart you computer
  2. Disconnect from the Internet
  3. Disable AVG
  4. Install FontCreator
  5. Enable AVG and reconnect to the Internet.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
greg

Post by greg »

Thanks for advice. I followed this exactly but with the same result. After installation the themida pop up appears.
greg

Post by greg »

A week later and I was sent a link from customer support Erwin Denissen to FontCreator version 6.5 download... along with product key. This has installed fine.
So thanks for that.... seems like there may have been some confusion in earlier responses?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sorry about the delay, but I'm glad we've been able to help.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology