Notify Me upon Replies

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
albeter

Notify Me upon Replies

Post by albeter »

The feature to “Notify me upon replies by default:” found in User Control Panel | Board Preferences | Edit posting defaults, does not seam to be working.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Notify Me upon Replies

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I enabled my notify option to test this feature. Make sure the email address that you provided is not block replies as spam.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
albeter

Post by albeter »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I enabled my notify option to test this feature. Make sure the email address that you provided is not block replies as spam.
I again did not receive an email alert when your responded to my post.

I get email alerts at this address from other forums I belong to, so I doubt my ISP is flagging any messages that may be sent from this forum as SPAM. I had no problems getting email alerts prior to the new and improved forum UI.

Thanks for trying to check this out.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I found a notification of your reply in my gmail inbox.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
albeter

Post by albeter »

Thank you for your response.

I again did not receive an email alert when you responded to my post.

I have changed my email address to one with a different ISP. Would you please be kind enough to post a reply to this message so I can test the notify feature. Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Good morning. I hope this works for you.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Is the problem solved?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
albeter

Post by albeter »

Upon further investigation of this problem, I have concluded the problem is caused by my ISP, AT&T Worldnet (i.e., domain: att.net) intercepting and not delivering emails sent from the Forum. When I changed my email address to any other with a different domain name, I received the email alert. Since AT&T was not delivering the email, I had no idea I was missing delivery until this matter came to my attention. This is the first time in 5+ years of being with AT&T that I had any problems of legitimate emails not being delivered.

I would suggest using an email address not tied to an ISP (e.g., a google gmail address).

The interesting thing about this matter is that if I set up my gmail account to automatically forward my emails to my att.net email address, I receive the forwarded emails from the Forum without any problem.

Thank you Bhikkhu and Erwin for your help.