Forum Upgrade

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
Erwin Denissen

Forum Upgrade

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yesterday we've upgraded the forum to version 3.1. We have to get used to some changes, but this is a good improvement. I really like the fact you can now instantly see the topic of the last forum posts on the Board index page.

We've decided to delete all registered users who have never posted here. This cleans up the database, and also remove possible spammers from the forum.

If you see issues related to this forum upgrade, or have suggestions, do let us know! You can contact us by sending a private message, or through the contact page.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by Alfred »

Erwin Denissen wrote:Yesterday we've upgraded the forum to version 3.1. We have to get used to some changes, but this is a good improvement.
Thanks, Erwin. When I logged in just now, I wondered what had happened to my favourite 'Unread posts' link! However, I found it pretty quickly. I like being able to access that link without having to return to the board index. :)
Erwin Denissen wrote:I really like the fact you can now instantly see the topic of the last forum posts on the Board index page.
Maybe I've misunderstood what you're describing, but I thought we could see the same thing with the previous version.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A Reminder of

How it used to look
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Thanks, Bhikkhu Pesala. Now I see what Erwin meant! :roll:
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Thanks, Erwin. I pop in mainly using my phone and the upgrade is really mobile-friendly.

Mike
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yesterday we upgraded the forum to the latest version. If you happen to see strange characters, do force a refresh in your web browser (e.g. CTRL-F5).

forumupdate.png
forumupdate.png (58.22 KiB) Viewed 19273 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Still seeing the usual strange characters. Refreshing my browser didn't make any difference. :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Well, the main issue with this update is people who are affected are not able to read this topic :roll:
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:00 am Well, the main issue with this update is people who are affected are not able to read this topic :roll:
Yes. That's a serious problem. Maybe it would be advisable to add a note to the Support Page?