Font Question

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
olex257

Font Question

Post by olex257 »

You guys are the font pros and I would like to ask you a question. Are you aware of any software or a hack, that allows me to do this trick with a true type font: Let say, I am selecting a font ABC (special/hacked font) for notepad with a size of 8pt, but really getting 10pt size. So, I can full windows that it is using 8pt font but shows 10pt.

I need this to configure high res windows desktop and replace {MS Sans Serif, 8pt} for a larger font, by using Ms Shell Dlg. I can not set a font size with this entry :(. I also can use bitmap fonts, but they do not support anti aliasing.

Any help is greatly appreciated ! Thank You !!! :D
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Some fonts are inherently bigger than others.

10 pt Verdana is bigger and easier to read than 10 pt Garamond.

I doubt if MS Sans can be made any bigger at 8 pt than it is already. If you did fool Windows into thinking 10 pt was 8 pt, all that would happen is that the characters would be clipped, making them impossible to read.

Notepad allows you to set any font size you wish as the default. I suspect that you should be looking for a different solution to get more readable bitmapped fonts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486