Font is working proper in MS Office but not in Pagemaker

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
fontinfo

Font is working proper in MS Office but not in Pagemaker

Post by fontinfo »

We had developed one font its writing from right to left. I had mapped that with Arabic Unicode so its writes proper from right to left in MS. Office. The problem what i face now its not working in any other packages like Pagemaker or Wordpad or Notepad.

What change to be made in font which should work in all the packages . That also in right to left way.

Why its works proper in Ms. Office only; why not in any other package.

If i have to use this software in MAC operating system also what change i have to make
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Hi,

The problem we have is that most of us have no experience of working with right to left fonts, so we have to make some guesses.

Try these and see if it helps:

Format, Settings, Header, Hinting, Strong Right to Left (See This page in the online manual)

Format, Settings, Ranges, Calculate Unicode Ranges

Tools, Autonaming.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
bobby_watts

Strange Macintosh things

Post by bobby_watts »

Bhikkhu helped us try to figure out our problem and we are having the same results. We can use SIL fonts with all the characters we need in Microsoft word by dragging them from the "Show Character Pallette" into Word.

Problem is, using Final Cut Pro or Live Type, the font goes strange or just doesn't appear when it is changed. Our requirements are simple, a font with underlined a, e, i, o, and u, both in small letters and in capital letters that can be used with major Macintosh applications. Strangly enough, even though I have designed fonts before, I am unable to get this done.

Anyone out there with any more ideas?

bobby