Curlz Font - Chopped Top and Bottom

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
kivimagi

Curlz Font - Chopped Top and Bottom

Post by kivimagi »

Hi,

This topic may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it searching through the form. I'd be happy for a link if someone can help me.

Anyway. The curlz font is chopped on top and bottom when testing the font, and I'm not certain how to fix this. I'd like the sizes of the fonts to be similar to a true type font, where when I type in 72 pixels, it is 1inch tall.

Could anyone provide me some advice?

Regards,

Ryan
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Clipped Top & Bottom

Post by Dave Crosby »

Your problem appears to be Win Ascent & Descent. Check out:

viewtopic.php?t=1424

Also check the manual. Good Luck!
Aut nunc aut nunquam
kivimagi

Post by kivimagi »

Thank you!
kivimagi

Post by kivimagi »

So this worked, now the font doesn't get chopped in the Font Creator software, or word. But some of my other programs it gets chopped off.

What I don't understand is when I put in for a 72 px for Arial, I get exactly 72 px. However, when i put in 72 for Curlz, I get something less, or more depending on the particular character. How is this controlled?

I've looked through the manual, but I don't know what I'm looking for, so it is tough.

Regards,
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Chopped

Post by Dave Crosby »

Try the Other Asscent Descent options on Settings >> General and Settings >> Metrics. The easy way is Calculate.
Bhikkhu Pesala is our resident genius. If you are still having problems you might ask him direct.
First you should check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1087

There are the answers to lots of questions there.
Aut nunc aut nunquam