Definition of professional use.

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Princess Artemis

Definition of professional use.

Post by Princess Artemis »

I'm considering purchasing FontCreator, but I first need to know specifically what the difference in licensing is. For example, one of the purposes I'm considering purchasing the software for is to create a font that I would then use on a yearbook for a school (this is considered educational purposes usually--I'm not being paid to make the yearbook cover and if I made the font for the yearbook cover, it would likely be used by students and faculty creating the rest of the yearbook elsewhere in the yearbook). I don't intend to make fonts that would be available for purchase, but would using FontCreator to create a font that was then used on a yearbook be considered professional use of the program?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You are allowed to use the Home Edition as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes. Based on the information you provided, you can safely use the Home Edition. The Professional Edition has more advanced features, that might still be a good reason to go for that Edition. You can see the differences between the two editions here:
http://www.high-logic.com/comparisonchart.html
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology