Windows xp and Vista.

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
A.Gill

Windows xp and Vista.

Post by A.Gill »

I have designed a gurmukhi script font by using High-Logic. An article typed with this font and placed on a web page appears perfect on a computer having windows xp, but on a computer with Vista system Open Type features don`t function.
Fo example:
Windows XP shows correctly: ਸਿਰ, ਧਿਰ, ਫਿਰ, ਚਿਰ
Windows Vista Shows the same words incorrectly as: ਸਰਿ, ਧਰਿ, ਫਰਿ, ਚਰਿ
Am I missing something?
A.Gill
Last edited by A.Gill on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator doesn't support OpenType features, so you must have added them with another program. A link to the page might help someone to resolve the problem. Perhaps it depends on the browser used too.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Re: Windows xp and Vista.

Post by Dave Crosby »

A.Gill wrote:I have designed a gurmukhi script font by using High-Logic. An article typed with this font and placed on a web page appears perfect on a computer having windows xp, but on a computer with Vista system Open Type features don`t function.
Am I missing something?
A.Gill
The web supports only a handful of fonts.
Panose converts any unknown font into a web or computer standard.

You could send your font to everyone that is going to look at your web page, but in my mind the easiest solution would be to type your message in your font and convert it to an image.
Post your image and everyone will see it the same.
Aut nunc aut nunquam