Glyph Contours and the Clipboard

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Glyph Contours and the Clipboard

Post by William »

I quote from a post in the Support Forum.

viewtopic.php?p=16906#p16906
jamadagni wrote: BTW can you please tell me whether PDFs can contain quadratic outlines? (You know about my other thread.)
As a result of this question, as an experiment, I copied the contour of a letter x from one of my fonts and tried to paste it into the Serif DrawPlus X4 program, with the idea of producing a pdf displaying the contour if possible. Had that worked, I would have tried to use a quadratic contour.

In the event, all I seem to have got was the words as follows.

Glyph Contours

I have tried running the clipbrd.exe facility on the Windows xp system that I am using and that just says Glyph Contours as well.

I am now wondering whether FontCreator actually puts the glyph contour data onto the clipboard or whether it uses a set of various internal clipboards and just uses the external clipboard to indicate which internal clipboard to use.

Please note that I know very little about the clipboard system and only learned of the existence of the clipbrd.exe facility while trying these experiments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipboard_%28computing%29

If the contour data does actually go onto the clipboard, is there any way to paste it into another program please?

William Overington

6 June 2012
Erwin Denissen

Re: Glyph Contours and the Clipboard

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can't paste the contours into other software.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Glyph Contours and the Clipboard

Post by William »

Thank you for your reply.

William