FCP 4.2.0.163

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Jowaco

FCP 4.2.0.163

Post by Jowaco »

I was so busy 'Googling' to try to find out how one can use .xml files that I nearly missed the new suite of tools in the Tools -> Glyph transformer... Window. What a revelation that is and so very, very useful. The Tools -> 0ptions -> Font facility to set left-side-bearing margin-line at zero is excellent and I know for a fact that this is necessary for some applications. Supplementary Planes.... I'll have to leave that until I do some more reading! Shouldn't take more than a few months! Thanks for those superb tools Erwin.

Joe.
vanisaac

Post by vanisaac »

Yeah, I noticed that we now have global transforms. Now, hopefully, everyone will stop asking about it in here :) I actually came up with a cool effect when I created a bold, then hollow form of my asterisk. I'll see if this works here:

Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

:( The Forum still does not like your .gif files, vanisaac. Try .jpg.
Joe.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I tried the glyph transform tool very briefly. I was amazed at how fast it was, but the result was not usable on the first attempt. Like autotrace, it will take a good deal of experimenting to get the best results. It could be very powerful.

I also noticed a problem with the GIF image here. It took ages to load, but did eventually display correctly. I shall try below with a JPG, then a PNG to see if they are more satisfactory.

The results are fine for all three image types. I like the look of the transparent GIF the best. The slow file loading seems to be a problem with the Geocities server rather than the file format.

Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Geocities will not allow you to download/ show files, unless you first have loaded a web page (eg .html). You need to upload your image(s) to another server or send them to me ( I usually upload images into postedimages )
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology