FontCreator and colour fonts

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
William
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

FontCreator and colour fonts

Post by William »

I have been starting to try to produce a colour font.

I know that the specification is not yet published, but I am setting up a project file with glyphs.

Here are my findings thus far.

----

Tuesday 2 July 2013

11:25 am

Using FontCreator 7.0.1 (build 436)

Open GALILEOL.TTF

Save Project As... Galileo_colour.fcp

Open GALILEOE.TTF

Highlight every glyph from exclamation to the end.

Copy onto the clipboard.

GALILEOL.TTF

Highlight every glyph from exclamation to the end.

Insert one glyph after each selected glyph.

Paste from the clipboard.

----

I now need to add a glyph name to each of the filled glyphs.

For example, exclam.fill quotedbl.fill and so on.

If High-Logic implements the colour fonts tables, could High-Logic consider producing a software facility so that each of those unmapped glyphs could become named by entering .fill in a textbox somewhere and clicking a button please?

In fact, the Galileo Lettering set is of five fonts, so a way of copying and pasting all the glyphs into place would be useful.

For example, by having a facility for each of Select All after space, Select All after space that are mapped, Select All after space that have the suffix that is in the textbox.

William Overington

2 July 2013
Erwin Denissen

Re: FontCreator and colour fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

William wrote:If High-Logic implements the colour fonts tables, could High-Logic consider producing a software facility so that each of those unmapped glyphs could become named by entering .fill in a textbox somewhere and clicking a button please?
We will first have to wait for the specs before we can oversee all new possibilities.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: FontCreator and colour fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

FontCreator 7.5 was just released with support for Coloured Fonts.

I have updated My FontCreator Review with a brief overview of creating coloured fonts. See the user manual for more details.

Upgrade and start getting creative, but you will need the latest Windows 8.1 to use them. I don't see Serif supporting them for some time yet, but you never know.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486