Atech All type Font Conversion Software

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
pt_crusier_2002

Atech All type Font Conversion Software

Post by pt_crusier_2002 »

Years ago 1992 to be exact I purchased a TTF font conversion software program that allowed you to convert several different font types in other type fonts for various uses in other software, plus had the ability to convert normal fonts into outline fonts, bold, etc. Think I paid about $50 for it, came on a 3 1/2" floppy disk, hoping it can be burned onto a CD Disc or USB Drive, so I can install it on a newer computers without a floppy drive ( have to use a USB external floppy drive now to install All Type).
Great software for what it was Capable of doing.

Seems that the company is no longer in business, but there is a web site that will sell you a copy for $150. This type of software did a great job at converting other types of font formats into TTF. Wish there were more programs out that were updated to also do OTF, sure it would sell well for those into font creation and wanting to convert into other formats for the PC and Apple computers.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Atech All type Font Conversion Software

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I would be skeptical about any program that claimed to convert normal fonts into bold fonts. The results are almost certain to be rubbish, unless the regular type style has no Serif's and no contrast between thick and thin strokes.

I once had a program that could create all kinds of fancy fonts with postscript fills, etc. I cannot even remember what it was called now. Amazing stuff, but also of very limited practical use unless you're a graphic artist, which I am not. Nowadays, I would just apply the fills and effects in a Drawing or DTP program. The images on my fonts page were created with PagePlus.

My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
pt_crusier_2002

The reason I mentioned the program is the ability to take non TTF fonts that someone may have from a professional type foundry such as Bit Stream Fonts and can not find a specific match from another font maker, this program gives one the means of converting it to TTF or other types of font that may be needed in a specific type program that would not be available otherwise.

Look up Atech AllType Font Convesion Software on the Internet there is some interesting information on the Pros and Cons of what this program can do to font types. I see it as another tool to get me where I need to go when using, making fonts for my needs. Wish it were still available and on the market.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

What type of fonts coming from a professional type foundry aren't already in otf/ttf format? Why go through the effort of converting the fonts in order to steal them?
pt_crusier_2002

There are other type font formats besides TTF and OTF , Apple fonts, and many others. The purpose of these programs is not to steal them but if you have them in a program that you need to use them in that are not compatible, or from one operating system MS Win to Apple iMac. These programs give you the ability to make them into a format usable by the other program that you might not have otherwise. TTF and OTF are not the only font types out there for programs to use. :shock: